IBQS is dedicated to work for reaching the following objectives:
- Promoting the Braille Quran literacy all around the world;
- Developing the standards of Braille Quran books and an internationally recognized unified Quranic Braille codes table;
- Acting as a coordinator and facilitating information and experience exchange between its members;
- Building up a financial and technical cooperation between its members;
- Conducting the mechanism enabling members to use their resources in a cooperative manner more effectively and more efficiently in order to promote Braille Quran literacy;
- Providing Braille copies of Holy Quran as well as other Islamic texts to the blind or visually impaired persons all around the world.